From October 12th – 18th is National Chocolate Week in the UK. This week marks a time where people of the UK can indulge in great chocolate and participate in many sweepstakes and chocolate tasting around the country. Check here for the online events at the Chocolate Week website.
Chocolat Hotel has offers for the week as well. Right now they do have a contest Spooky Halloween Competitions
Chocolat Hotel has Halloween Recipes as well. Check out one below
Halloween Cup Cakes
Serves: 12 Cupcakes
Ease of preparation: Easy
Preparation time: 20 minutes
- 85g Dark Chocolate for Cooking
- 85g Butter, cut into 2cm cubes
- 100g Soft Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg Yolk at room temperature
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tbsp Soured Cream
- 75g Self-Raising Flour
- 1 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Pinch Salt
- 30g Confectioners Icing Sugar
- 2tbsp Organic Cocoa Powder
- 75g of Soft Unsalted Butter
- 25g of meted Dark Chocolate for cooking (optional)
- Boo Box Halloween chocolate shapes to decorate
- Pumpkin Munchkins
Piping bag + Nozzle
- Preheat the oven to 180/ Gas mark 4 and line a muffin tin with 12 paper cases.
- Put the chocolate, butter and sugar in a heatproof bowl and place over simmering water and allow to melt, stirring continuously. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk together the eggs, vanilla and soured cream. Stir this into the cooled chocolate mixture. Sift over the flour, cocoa powder and salt and fold in. Spoon into the paper cases, filing to around 2/3 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven for approx 20 minutes, until the muffins are risen and just firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To make the chocolate topping melt the dark chocolate over lightly simmering water. Allow to cool.
- Beat the butter, confectioner sugar and cocoa powder together. Add in the cooled chocolate a table spoon at a time until a thick consistency is achieved. Thick enough to pipe.
- Place the icing into a piping bag fitted with a piping nozzle of your choice and start from the centre of the cake and pipe outwards.
- Decorate with Boo Box! Halloween chocolate shapes and Pumpkin Munchkins.